Our Partners Bring Our Mission to Life
We are proud to work with and fund programs at the most impactful social service agencies in Kansas City.More About Agencies
Companies and Corporations
We’re building the best community in which to live and work with the help of our partner companies, who support our mission through financial and volunteer contributions.Companies Who Contribute
Donors & Donor Networks
The work we do depends on the thousands of people whose generosity brings our mission to life.Individuals Who Contribute
There is a rich history of skilled labor across Kansas City. Our labor partners know what it means to support the community through their United Way donations.More About Labor Organizations
Our partner companies have run workplace campaigns in support of our mission and our community for our entire 100-plus-year history. Making a one-time or recurring donation through your employer is easy.Learn More
ECM Training and Resources
If you’re running a campaign, first of all, thank you! Our campaign staff is happy to assist you with anything you may need to make your campaign successful.Explore Resources
Spirit of Caring Awards
Each year, United Way of Greater Kansas City recognizes one individual and one company for their outstanding contributions to the Greater Kansas City community.
Adele Hall long epitomized the spirit of generosity in our community, working tirelessly to advance the common good in Greater Kansas City through United Way. It was in appreciation of her efforts that in 2011, United Way of Greater Kansas City established the Adele Hall Spirit of Caring Award with Adele being the first honoree. This award will honor those persons who exemplify the extraordinary compassion and selflessness of Adele Hall. Individuals will be selected on the following criteria:
- Demonstrates passion for United Way’s work in the areas of health, education and financial stability
- Gives generously of their time and talents through United Way
- Serves as a volunteer leader through United Way
- Mentors others to develop a similar spirit of philanthropy
Past Recipients: Adele C. Hall (2011), Peggy Dunn (2012), Roshann Parris (2013), Mike Hockley (2014), Bert Berkley (2015), Greg & Deanna Graves (2016), Jeff Provost (2017), Don Hall, Jr (2018).
Corporate Pinnacle Award
This award is given to recognize a company with a comprehensive partnership with United Way in three categories:
- Community Impact - Partnerships with a focus on the areas of health, education and financial stability, that lead to measurable, sustainable change in communities.
- Volunteer Engagement - Outstanding companywide commitment to involving employees, families, retirees and other stakeholders in volunteer opportunities related to United Way’s Cycle of Success.
- Philanthropic Engagement - Corporate and employee commitment to the community demonstrated through corporate and foundation contributions, as well as employee and retiree giving.
In order to be eligible, the company must conduct an annual United Way workplace giving campaign. After winning the award, a company is ineligible to participate for the next five years. (For example, a company winning in 2014 would be ineligible for the next five years, and would be considered again in 2019.)
Past Recipients: Hallmark (2012), Black & Veatch (2013), Burns & McDonnell (2014), JE Dunn Construction (2015), KCP&L (2016), Lockton (2017), QuikTrip (2018).
Nominate an Individual or Company
We are currently accepting nominations for the 2019 Spirit of Caring Awards. To nominate an individual or company, please send the name, company (if applicable), email, phone number and why you feel they deserve the award to Mike Goff.