What will your legacy be?
The Legacy Society of United Way currently has 60 members who are donors and have indicated that they have included United Way in their will or estate plans. Their commitment to our community extends far beyond the needs of this year, this decade or this generation. Their legacy through a planned gift to the United Way’s endowment will be one that impacts our community in perpetuity. That gift can take many forms from gifts of cash or life insurance to life income arrangements and many others. You can plan now to make a contribution that will continue to help people in need past your lifetime. Making and implementing a plan is the best way to ensure that your goals are not left to chance. Whether you intend to make a gift now or in the future, the United Way offers a variety of Planned Giving options to meet the charitable and financial objectives that are important to you.
Membership and Benefits:
Members of the Legacy Society are donors who have made an outright gift or a planned gift to the United Way of Greater Kansas City’s endowment (The Forever Funds). The receipt of a signed letter of intent or of an outright gift to the endowment entitles the donor to the designation of “Legacy Society Member”.
Benefits of Membership:
- The building of a permanent gift to the United Way of Greater Kansas City – leaving a legacy in our community that will work to meet the most critical needs.
- Recognition in United Way of Greater Kansas City’s “Leaders in Giving” recognition book.
- Invitations to educational opportunities regarding estate planning and special events.
- If you are 70½ or older, you can make a gift of up to $100,000 to United Way of Greater Kansas City from your IRA to meet your annual distribution requirement. By making an IRA charitable rollover gift, you are able to avoid taxes on the IRA distribution while supporting our charitable mission.
- Don't wait! For more information about how you can convert your taxable IRA distribution and potentially reduce your taxes, please click here or contact Precious Stargell Cushman, Legacy Giving at United Way of Greater Kansas City, 816-559-4650 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: This web page should not be construed as legal or financial advice regarding individual tax, legal, or investment planning matters. Please consult with your attorney, financial or estate planning professional to ensure that your overall estate plan is the best one possible for you and your family, and that it carries out your charitable goals.