United Way's Gift in Kind program provides donated goods to more than 250 Kansas City are charities, helping them save money and further the impact of their programs and services. Since 2000, the Gifts in Kind program has distributed more than $44 million worth of product to area agencies.
If you would like to make a donation to Gifts in Kind, please consider the following:
- 1. United Way Gifts in Kind accepts new product in large quantities that will then be redistributed to partner agencies for use in a wide variety of programs that serve disadvantaged individuals and families.
- 2. United Way cannot accept used items except for office furniture in good condition or newer office equipment in good working condition. United Way does not have the resources to repair or refurbish used items.
- 3. United Way does not have the resources to transport donations; they must be dropped off at one of United Way's partner agencies or our centralized distribution warehouse.
- 4. For used clothing, household appliances or furniture, or other household items, we encourage you to contact one of United Way's many partner agencies that may be able to use the items in their programs, or re-sell the item in a thrift store to raise funds to support human service programs. The following organizations have thrift store programs, some of which are able to pick up donations:
Catholic Charities of Kansas City - St. Joseph
(816) 221-4377 or (913) 651-8060
- City Union Mission - 2nd Chance Thrift Store
- Goodwill of Western Missouri and Eastern Kansas
- Nearly New Shop
- Salvation Army
- Sherwood Center for the Exceptional Child
- South Kansas City Outreach