2012 United Way Days of Action
This year the decision was made to transition from the annual United Way of Greater Kansas City/CFC Day of Caring to United Way of Greater Kansas City Days of Action. This new initiative will focus on our three impact areas, the building blocks for a good life.
Instead of just one annual opportunity to participate, there will be multiple activities throughout the year. Each impact area will be the focus of one trimester:
Education Days of Action (September - December)
Income Days of Action (January – April)
Health Days of Action (May - August)
Our Education Days of Action projects will be focused on ensuring children and youth attain their full potential by supporting services that promote:
- Parent and caring adults have knowledge and skills to support positive development
Children and adult literacy
Children enter school ready to succeed
Prevention of family violence
Public and professional education for the prevention of abuse
Quality out-of-school time and quality early learning opportunities
Servicesfor at-risk youth aimed at helping them stay in school
Why Should You Get Involved?
- Make a real difference in critical issues affecting education, income and health.
- Take part in rewarding opportunities to give, advocate and volunteer.
- Network with your co-workers and other organizations and strengthen key partnerships.
- Get connected with the individuals and organizations that are making a difference in the Greater Kansas City community.