Save the Date
Day of Caring and Birthday Party: September 15, 2018
Saturday, September 15
Kansas City Urban Youth Academy
1654, 1622 E 17th Terrace, Kansas City, Mo 64108
Birthday Party: 8 - 10 a.m.
Day of Caring: 10:30 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Come help us celebrate 100 years of United Way of Greater Kansas City at one of the region’s largest days of civic engagement.Volunteer projects will support local groups with projects they need to thrive, including painting, cleanup, packet preparatio
The day begins with our 100th Birthday Party emceed by Fox4KC’s Pat McGonigle and featuring:
- A keynote address from Joel Goldberg, broadcaster for the Kansas City Royals
- Elected officials and local celebrities, including
- Royals alumni
- Kansas City Chiefs Cheerleaders
- Sluggerrr, mascot for the Royals
- KC Wolf, mascot for the Chiefs
- Blue the Dog, mascot for Sporting Kansas City
- A chance to win prizes from Kendra Scott
- Coffee from The Roasterie
- Food from Chick-fil-A, The Shack, Duck Donuts, QuikTrip and more!
Following the birthday party, participants will team up with community leaders, campaign coordinators, nonprofit partners and volunteers across the region for Day of Caring, demonstrating what’s possible when our entire community gets involved.
Volunteers who attend the Birthday Party will be eligible to win FREE TICKETS to Walt Disney World* or 4 tickets to one 2019 regular season Kansas City Royals** game.
Volunteer opportunities will support local groups with projects they need to thrive, including painting, cleanup, packet preparation, sorting, and more!
So, what are you waiting for? Sign up to volunteer today!
* Must be present at the birthday party to win. Tickets are for one-day admission and will be valid for up to two years.
** 4 Reserved tickets for any Monday through Thursday 2019 regular season home game in April, May, June, July or August (excludes opening day, STL Cardinals, NY Yankees, Boston Red Sox series). Royals also reserve the right to exclude additional games. Seating is not guaranteed and subject to availability at time of redemption. Must be redeemed by August 30, 2019.